Sunday 6 September 2009

CAMEL!!!

I had my first up-close real-life camel sighting today!

On the way to work there seemed to be an accident up ahead because all the drivers in front of us were driving crazier than usual (you learn to read traffic like a fisherman reads the sea out here).
It wasn't an accident though! There was a camel running along the break-down lane in between the two directions of traffic!

How it got there I have no idea because it's three lanes of very fast moving traffic on either side. It was trotting along, looking a little scared but not panicked (thankfully, also it was sticking to the breakdown lane and not going out where the cars were) and as we passed by we saw the flashing police lights in the background so someone was doing something about it.

It was quite young, teenage I think, and I hope that the police or someone was able to herd it to safety.

Certainly woke us up this morning!

No comments: