Wednesday 10 June 2009

The art of delivery - part II

In April I was talking about how easy it is to get stuff delivered out here... the one thing I was lamenting not being able to have whisked to my door after a moment on the phone was sushi.

Well, lo and behold! My life is now complete (apart from the needing a new job bit) and I have some delicious delicacies speeding their way to me as I write.

O and I went to a Japanese restaurant called Samurai two nights ago. It was most fun. They do sushi, sashimi, teppanyaki - the usual fare - but the best bit was the Yakiniku! I'd never even heard of it before, and for anyone else who is similarly at a loss - allow me to explain.

Our table had a hole in the middle of it and that hole turned out to be our very own personal table-top barbeque! You turn it on under the table and there is a gas grill that heats up super quick. We ordered a mixed Yakiniku and got three different kinds of red meat (two different cuts of beef and one of lamb I'm sure) and some veggies all marinaded in a soy sauce based marinade which we threw on the grill and barbequed exactly to our liking!

We ate too much, but it was delicious and I will definitely be going back for more.

Oh! There's the door bell.

No comments: