Monday 27 October 2008

Bear with me...

... while I'm playing with the layout and colours in the blog. I just can't seem to get it right!

Had another stressy day today. O has been doing proper work related stuff all day so I took myself off to the flat on my lonesome to wait for the deliveries that were all due "this morning". The washing machine and dishwasher arrived fairly promptly and I busied myself with cleaning parts of the bathrooms and the kitchen until they arrived. The grumpy delivery men got grumpier still when I told them to cut the power cord for the dishwasher and then wire it together again so it would fit through the hole left in the counter top, they punished me by cutting it so that the join shows above the counter but hey-ho, it's in so all is well.

A couple of gorgeous arm chairs we bought were also due to be delivered in the morning but they didn't turn up until 3.30/4 by which point I had given up on cleaning (I brought books and my DS to entertain me should cleaning begin to lose it's appeal so I wasn't just sitting and twiddling my thumbs) and was getting cold and grumpy because I can't work out how to turn the air conditioning down. They finally arrived though and look great!

While out looking for a mattress yesterday, O and I had a brief outing to the (Old) Airport Road where a mattress shop had been recommended. Unfortunately it was closed, so we walked down the road and came across this jolly little place:


My mum now has the link to this blog, so hopefully it will give her a bit of a giggle.

A.

No comments: