Wednesday 29 October 2008

Fantastic Burgers

Is a burger still classed as junk if it’s not of the fast-food variety?

To celebrate getting a car yesterday – yay! – we took a not-uneventful drive to Marina mall to get some lunch and get Ikea customer service to order the sofa-bed cover we didn’t ask them to order last time.

Lunch consisted of Fuddruckers (I’m going to have to check got that name right because I always get the name wrong and it is usually a little bit rude – answers on a postcard: what do you think I call it?) who, according to their signage, make the “best burgers in the world” and do you know, I think they might be right!

The burgers range between 1/3lb up to 2lb I think, they have a variety of basics from which you start (I always get triple cheese, mmmmmm, but O had one that comes with cheese, beef bacon and guacamole) and come with great potato wedges and then you get to go and add all your extras yourself. All the salads, onions, relishes, coleslaw and sauces are for you to help yourself! I am in great favour of the spicy mustard (which isn’t actually spicy) and then a splodge of ketchup with hot jalapeno cheese sauce in a little tub to dip my wedges in to. Talk about artery-blocking goodness! This is why Fudrockers is a treat and not a regular occurrence. Plus! I put, like, tomato and lettuce on my burger. That counteracts four kinds of cheese… doesn’t it?


In other news. Our air freight arrived a few days ago and our sea freight is due to be in country by the weekend! Hurray!!!

No comments: